SuperCorr Expo 2021 attendees can take advantage of a 15% Discount on all TAPPI Press Publications. This is a great time to refresh or master new skills and restock your corporate or personal library. Offer applies to print AND ebook formats.
There are two options to purchase book(s):
• Purchase with registration and receive a 15% discount (discount already applied to price at checkout). Pick-up onsite at the event and SAVE ON SHIPPING!
• Purchase through the SuperCorr Expo 2021 bookstore. Simply enter promo code SUPER21 at checkout and receive a 15% discount on your purchase(s). Books will be shipped upon ordering.
There are many titles to choose from in the Bookstore. These titles have been selected just for this event:
|The Corrugated Container Manufacturing Process
Describes the entire process of manufacturing corrugated containers. In addition to detailed explanations, the book also features practical troubleshooting tips, and a discussion of common problems and solutions within each major section.
|Corrugated Defect / Remedy Manual, Sixth Edition – Print
A basis for common knowledge of terms, definitions, and methods of correction of corrugated operational defects. The manual illustrates and provides causes, and remedies for hundreds of defects affecting corrugated boxes. Divided into four parts: Corrugated Problems; Printing Problems; Die Cutting Problems; and Finishing and Manufacturers’ Joint Problems. Available on CD and also available in SPANISH on CD.
|Corrugator Roll Wear Measurement
Report lists and describes six methods of measuring corrugator roll wear; pressure profiles (NCR strips), staining (copper sulfate), micrometer/depth dial gauge, roll impressions, non-contact measurement, and IPC/McMahon abrasiveness. Advantages and disadvantages for each method are listed. Causes and suggested remedies are also provided.
|The Anilox Roll - Heart of the Flexo Process, Second Edition
Contains an accurate historical review of the flexo printing process, anilox roll construction, information on the various methods of doctoring the ink such as rubber roll, doctor blade and the chambered doctor blade systems. Offers guidelines on cleaning anilox rolls and reviews the various cleaning methods currently being used in the industry.
|Corrugator Bonding: A TAPPI Press Anthology of Published papers, Second Edition
Back in print, this anthology includes the work of researchers around the world on corrugator bonding and gives a better understanding of research findings on the properties of linerboard and corrugating medium as well as the variables that contribute to improved bonding.
|Flexographic Terms: A Glossary of Terms Used in Flexographic Printing on Corrugated Board
This glossary defines hundreds of terms commonly used in flexographic printing and pre-press operations. It will be a valuable reference for everyone involved in converting and printing.
|More than a Box – Box Plant 101 – DVD
An interactive training video on How Boxes Are Made. Learn the corrugated manufacturing process from seedling to box. This self-paced instructional video takes you through each stage for producing a quality box. Includes comprehension questions to ensure students learn and understand the process as well as a view of a typical box plant, how a quality box is made, an overview of the corrugator and review of materials handling. Recommended for new employee orientation as well as general promotion of the corrugated process. TAPPI PRESS in conjunction with Green Bay Packaging.
|Handbook for Pulp and Paper Technologists, FOURTH Edition (SMOOK BOOK)
The Handbook for Pulp and Paper Technologists (The SMOOK Book), is by far the best-selling text to introduce the entire technology of pulp and paper manufacture. The major objective of the fourth edition was to provide a readable, up-to-date, comprehensive textbook. The book features 27 chapters covering all aspects of pulping and papermaking.
Also available in SPANISH.
|Corrugated Adhesives Preparation, Fifth Edition
Provides the box plant with a practical and useful tool to make better starch adhesives as well as see better bond quality. The manual also features the informative chapter, "Troubleshooting - Starch Adhesives and the Corrugated Bond". A “Must Have Book” for anyone operating a corrugator.
|Critical Thinking in Converting
Illustrates many different problem-solving techniques by example. The plant-proven tools introduced in this unique book will help you quickly find solutions to your toughest problems. Once the problem is truly understood, solution options follow easily. While technical, the reader only needs a working knowledge of terminology and concepts that are common in web manufacturing and converting.
|Mechanics of Rollers
Combines the science of web handling with the application of rollers. Covers design, application, and maintenance for rollers of all sizes, shapes, and webs. A comprehensive, easy-to-use reference containing figures, tables, and design equations, plus bibliography, glossary, and index. A valuable reference for anyone involved in buying, selling, or specifying rollers, as well as machine designers, process engineers, and maintenance personnel.
|Mechanics of Web Handling
Covers many aspects of web handling for manufacturing, converting, and printing. The book is applicable to any web. Readers will understand better how to design and operate machinery to avoid wrinkles, web breaks, registration, guiding, and other types of costly web problems. Designed for product, process, and maintenance engineers responsible for web machinery.
Winding: Machines, Mechanics and Measurements
|The Ultimate Roll and Web Troubleshooting Guide - Print
Expands on defects commonly found in paper and paperboard products and in the production and converting of nonwovens, films and laminations. Includes a glossary of over 3,000 terms commonly used in the paper formation, polymer extrusion, coating and converting industries. Glossary includes an extensive list of terms compiled for these industries. Chapters include troubleshooting and problem-solving information, flow charts for the edge defect category, and cause-and- effect logic to eliminate roll and web defects.
|Paper and Board Grades
This book covers the most important grades of papers and boards in the international markets. Classification is based on that used by the European forest industry companies, with the main division being: printing and writing papers, paperboards, tissue, and specialty papers. Each group is divided into subgroups and main grades and the grades are examined in view of the end uses, raw material composition, and manufacturing technology. Air-laid papers are dealt with in a separate group. Part of the Papermaking Science and Technology Series, published by the Finnish Paper Engineers’ Association. (Discount does not apply to this publication.)
|Paper and Paperboard Converting, Second Edition
Focuses on the principal features of web converting, discusses the typical unit operations involved, and describes the converted products themselves. Part of the Papermaking Science and Technology Series, published by the Finnish Paper Engineers’ Association. (Discount does not apply to this publication.)
The Web Handling Handbook
|Corrugated Container Waste Management System – DVD SET
Also available in Spanish!
Serie Gestión corrugado contenedores de residuos : 3 DVD
|DVD 1: Peel Waste, Material Handling, Converting Waste
• Peel Waste - Concentrating on the unloading and roll storage areas. Demonstrates proper roll handling and storage practices needed to prevent paper loss.
• Material Handling - Waste can occur when corrugated material is moved anywhere between the corrugator and final loading. Outlines improved maintenance, employee awareness and operating procedures. (Includes instructor’s guide and student text).
|DVD 2: Misalignment Waste, Waste from Warp, Side Trim, End Trim and Scheduling Waste, Core and Splice Waste
• Misalignment Waste – Goals for reducing waste and shows operators how to identify causes of misalignment problems whether machinery, paperboard or roll mounting.
• Waste from Warp - Reduce the amount of bend or twist in a sheet of corrugated board. Identifies the hidden costs of warp, the three different types and common causes of each, and presents cost effective solutions.
• Side Trim, End Trim and Scheduling Waste - Examines the potential causes, as well as how proper corrugator scheduling can affect overall waste control. Explore cut length variation problems and solutions on mechanical and direct drive knives, the influences on side trim, and how to deal with each.
• Core and Splice Waste - Identifies factors which contribute to excessive waste such as how equipment is used and maintained, and the condition of the paper and its core. Specifically covers roll stands, skewing devices, brakes, tension control, chucks, automatic and manual splicing.
|DVD 3: Waste from Stops and Order Changes, Walk through a Boxplant, Waste from Bonding Problems
• Waste from Stops and Order Changes - Examines how operators can determine frequency, length and causes of stops, and how they can take corrective action to minimize these stops. Explores the causes of order change waste at both the wet and dry ends of the corrugator, and ways to reduce this waste.
• A Walk through a Boxplant - Analyst shows a box plant manager all the areas where corrugated waste is commonly generated – from the unloading dock to the wet end, dry end and flexo folder-gluer. Solutions to common problems and ways to avoid typical mistakes to reduce controllable waste and save money.
• Waste from Bonding Problems - Part 1 covers the fundamentals of the bonding process, how to identify and solve the causes of bond defects related to paper and adhesive. Part II examines the role of the application system and heat in the bonding process, machine adjustments, operating procedures, troubleshooting and testing bond problems and specifies ways to correct them. (Includes instructor’s guide and student text).
Discount code SUPER21 applies to all TAPPI Press Publications.
To discover a full list of TAPPI Press offerings, please see our catalog and visit the TAPPI Press Bookstore online.
TAPPI Press is known as an industry leader for publishing reliable and practical publications and training products created and peer reviewed by industry experts for professionals and students alike.